We had Trunk or Treat at our church last night. They serve hamburgers and have costume contests. A bunch of the people decorate their trunks and then back them all up in a circle and hand out candy from their trunks. It's a fun and safe place for the kids. We had a great turnout.
Kylee dressed up like Strawberry Shortcake. I didn't want to spend $30 on a costume so she wore a outfit that has Strawberry Shortcake on it and I found a hat for her at a party store and made a wig for her that was on Velcro in her hat. Well, she wouldn't wear the hat. Oh, well. We tried to get a couple pictures with her hat, but she was trying to get it off in all of them. Maybe next year we'll have to find a costume that doesn't have a hat. (
oh, the necklace was her own addition to the outfit!)



Josh dressed up like a bum and decorated the trunk of his car as his "shelter". He came up with it about 2 hours before, so I was quite impressed with how creative he got. He rubbed dirt on himself so he didn't even smell the greatest!
Kylee has been trying to tell me what to wear lately, so I let her pick out what she wanted me to wear (i let her pick the whole outfit - including shoes & belt) and then let her do my hair. She had a great time. She would pick up a ponytail holder and tell Josh where she wanted him to put it in my hair. I tried to get her to put more barrettes in, but she said, "no, I want more ponytails". Needless to say, I had quite the interesting hairstyle that was definitely done by a 2 year old! :-)






2 comments:
sounds like fun - outfit is cute on Kylee even if she didn't want to wear the hat! I love the trunk or treat idea too..and Kylee is a great stylist! Good to chat with you this morning:)
Julia
And the hat was so cute too!
Post a Comment