Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Banana Bread

This weekend I used up some of my frozen bananas (ones that I had put in the freezer because they weren't getting used up quick enough). Joshua's Grandma Esther gave me this recipe and it makes the most addicting banana bread ever!

Banana Nut Bread
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups mashed bananas
1 8oz can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 cup chopped nuts
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add bananas, drained pineapple, and nuts.
Mix well. Add flour, salt, and baking soda that has been sifted together and mix well. Bake for 1 1/4 hours at 325 in greased pans. Turn out on cake racks to cool.

Note: Here in Louisiana, I only have to bake them for about 45 minutes. The baking time will vary.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'd like to try the pineapple twist. Yum!

Betsy said...

Ooh, I love banana bread! I've never heard of adding the crushed pineapple though...