Saturday, February 16, 2008

California Trip

I arrived back here on Tuesday from a trip to California for my Grandpa's memorial. It was a sweet yet sad trip. It was hard being there without my Grandpa. I was able to see a lot of family that I don't normally get to see. All of my cousins (on my mom's side) were there, so we had a really nice time being together. The first picture below was taken at Peet's Coffee & Tea (best coffee I've had) with my Grandma who came along and enjoyed the coffee, too.
We took an afternoon trip into San Francisco and enjoyed seeing the Japanese Gardens in Golden Gate Park. They were very pretty, but my Grandma said that they are even more spectacular when everything is in bloom.
The actual temperature wasn't a whole lot different from what it has been here, but there it was without so much humidity. It was lovely.

Darlene, Heidi, Julia, Esther, Jack, Corene, Aunt Chris, & Grandma

Esther, Christy, Dad, Mom, & Levi

My nephew Levi (what a cute face!!)

Darlene, Heidi, Katie, Corene, Carrie, Julia, & Eric (Trina had already flown out)

Cute little Jack (my Grandpa's namesake)


2 comments:

Katie said...

Isn't Corrine the one that came to Taiwan?

Esther said...

Katie,
Yes, that is her. They live in Minnesota now.