Friday, April 02, 2010

A day at the park

Kylee has been off of school for spring break this week so we have been trying to do some extra fun things. Joshua was off of work today so we had planned to go on a picnic at the park and let her play for awhile. She was soooo excited. (Guess we need to do it more often than we do now.) As soon as she got up, she wanted to get the lunch packed and leave, but I had to convince her that we needed to wait till everyone else was ready and it was lunch time. We went to a nice big park in Lafayette. There were a lot of people there today. Guess it's because it was Good Friday today. It's real big around here. Most people have crawfish boils, but we just had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Fine with me though, seeing that I don't care for crawfish. :-)
Anyway, the weather was absolutely beautiful and we had a nice picnic in the sun (Kylee picked the spot). Thankfully, I remembered sunscreen. Kylee and Zane swung for quite awhile, went down the slide countless times, and walked around the park and pond looking a ducks, flowers, and the many dogs that were there with their owners. We stopped in for a treat at Sonic on the way home.

None of us were very hungry, so we just had nachos (with homemade guacamole on top) for dinner. I still think I ate too much though. Zane is now done with is bath, Kylee is in the shower, and then comes some relaxation that doesn't include going up and down the slide or pushing Kylee as high as she can go for an hour (I'm exaggerating!!).

Anyway, here are some pictures from our day today. Kylee took the one of Joshua and I. There was a lot more of the park in the picture so I had to crop some out, but I was rather impressed anyway.





2 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

How fun!! I'm very impressed with Kylee's picture of you and Joshua- it's really good!

Corene said...

Glad your kids are feeling better! Love the photos! We took Jack to the park yesterday and he also was SUPER excited, grinning the whole time. Outings like this take a ton of energy but are so worth it, in my opinion :)