5:45am - Kylee "gets rid" of all that nasty drainage from her allergies (I'll spare you the details). I get that all cleaned up.
6:00am - Zane wakes up (doesn't normally wake up till 7am) I bring him into my bed because he normally will go back to sleep. Yeah, that didn't happen. He just kept asking for a drink. Kylee sleeps with me when Josh is gone to drill, so when Zane sits up to ask Daddy to bring him a drink, he becomes even more awake and starts asking where Daddy is.
6:10am - Zane calms down and is about to go back to sleep when I feel pee squirting out the top of his diaper, onto my arm, and then on the bed. UGH! Diaper and clothes change.
6:20am - well I need to get up now anyway, so I take him out to the couch to get him a drink.
6:45am - Kylee is getting up and I hear the toilet lid shut. Zane decided to put his diaper in the toilet. Yeah, potty is suppose to go in the toilet, but that's not what I meant!
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what You say
Today is the day
I guess God thought I needed a bit more encouragement. I have put different verses on index cards and put them on the bathroom mirror, etc. So there I am washing my hands after retrieving the diaper out of the toilet and I see the verse Philippians 4:6 - "Don't be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God".
So, I made a two choices.
Choice One - I will be happy and be patient with my kids. I will enjoy the day even though I just want to go back to sleep, because someday they will grow up I will tell young moms to enjoy these years because they go by so fast.
Choice Two - I need a big cup of coffee with Italian Sweet Creme liquid creamer in it.
Note - We did get Kylee to school on time and the rest of my day is going much better.
3 comments:
Good choices!
You know how I love the coffee choice! :)
Hi Esther... I just decided to catch up o your blog- it was fun. I actually hadn't looked at it all summer. I especially liked this part!
Post a Comment