Monday, August 13, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Joshua's dad, mom, and sister came down for Kylee's birthday and for the week, so that was a lot of fun. Kylee turned 2years old on August 5th. It is amazing how fast she has grown. I know every parent says that, but it's just hard to believe how much they learn and grow in 2 years.


One of the guys in our college group that comes over on Monday nights went to basic training for the army 9 weeks ago and Kylee absolutely adores him. His fiance brought Kylee his army picture. Kylee was proudly holding it up for all to see. :-)

Joshua drove back from drill weekend and didn't get to change before he got home, so I snapped a picture with him.

Dan & Joanna got Kylee a little hutch for her birthday for her to use as her kitchen. Amy got her some kitchen stuff to go in it. She loves to bring us "coffee" and "food". If only all food was so low calorie. :-)

Joshua & I got Kylee a tricycle. She was very excited. She is still having a hard time getting the peddling down, but that will come soon enough.


Well, I decided to make Kylee's cake this year. Joshua did it last year, so I guess it was my turn. She loves Strawberry Shortcake and I found this one on the internet. It turned out better than I thought it would. It was a little scary making it. At least she is just 2 and doesn't really know what looks good. :-)

Some friends who have a little girl that is a month younger than Kylee came over for her birthday dinner. Kylee and Leah had fun playing together.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Love all the new posts! Cake is so cute, lots of fun.. NYR looks fun too, did you see Heidi much? Can't believe Kylee is 2 either! Our "babies" aren't really babies any more are they!
Julia

Abbi said...

Kylie's cake turned out cute. I recently made a dog one for Jonathan's birthday. It was fun but ended up looking a little like a bear. Thankfully nobody cares and it still tastes good. ;-)