Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Fajitas

Fajitas were on the menu for dinner last night, so yesterday I cut up my chicken, onions, and green peppers to marinade. I usually buy the fajitas seasoning mix. Well, I had forgotten to pick that up last time I was at the store, so I decided that I might try to make my own. I found a few recipes online and ended up trying one of them. The seasoning was quite simple to make and the fajitas turned out quite tasty.

Fajita Seasoning Mix

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon paparika
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or pinch of cayenne, to taste)
  • Directions

    1. Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
    I added about 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 cup water to the mix and then added it to the chicken to marinade.

    1 comment:

    Betsy said...

    Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe!