Thursday, September 04, 2008
Hurricane Gustav
When we thought that Gustav was going to be a category 4 when it hit, I decided that I didn't want to be around for the aftermath of no electricity, etc. Joshua needed to stay here, but Kylee and I drove to Montgomery, AL and stayed with some wonderful friends that we met while we were living in Biloxi, MS. Another friend and her kids also came there to get away from the hurricane. We had such a great time. The kids played and played. Us girls talked and laughed all day and late into the night! Since Gustav weakened so much, our electricity only ended up being off till Wednesday morning, so we were able to be home by Wednesday night. While we were in Montgomery, we were able to see some of the historical sites there. We actually only went to one museum, but stopped outside the others. Oh, and before we left, Ben let me drive his mini cooper. It is my most favorite car ever!! Now I really, really want one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The kids have all grown so much! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!
I am glad that Gustav wasn't to severe for you all. It sounds like you had fun!
Post a Comment