Friday, January 23, 2009

Catching up (Part 2)

From Iowa, we went to Minnesota to see my sister and her family for a few days. My parents were also there visiting, so we were able to spend some time with them, too. Here are a few pictures from our time there. It snowed all day one of the days that we were there, so I was really happy about that. I love snow and miss it now that we live in Louisiana.

Kylee & Kade

My aunt & uncle and two cousins came up to visit one night so here is all of us girls plus Kade

Here's the guys

My mom and dad bought shirts for the 4 youngest grandkids that matched. Kylee and DJ called them cousin shirts!

DJ & Kylee making gingerbread trains



For Christmas this year, I got in the creative mood and made some of the gifts.

I made this shoulder bag for my sister.

I had some material left over so I made myself a purse. Ok, this wasn't a Christmas gift to myself but I thought I'd through in a picture of it anyway.

Kylee of course wanted one, so off we went to the fabric store and found some cute material for her. I made a couple for her friends too that matched.

I made this tote for Josh's mom for her crochet projects, etc. I had never made anything like it before, so was a little apprehensive about it, surprisingly it was rather easy and didn't take very long to make. I found a great tutorial for a bag and then adapted it from there.

This is a flannel rag quilt that I made for a friend of mine. It was fun and also rather easy to make. I think I'll have to do another one sometime.

3 comments:

Laci said...

That purse pattern looks pretty easy, I might have to try it out...you can never have too many.

Abbi said...

All your bags turned out very cute!

Paul Barber said...

I love the bags and the purse!! I am going to check out the tutorial. I can sew but don't very often and then I think it's just one more thing to add on to my crafting list. ( : Hope you are doing well!