Sunday, March 27, 2011

Doll Bed

Well, I did it! I built my first piece of furniture!! Ok, so it was only a doll bed, but I'm still pretty excited about it. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed building it. I think I may do more of it in the future.

Kylee had been wanting a doll bed for her 18" doll, but they are so expensive to buy. I stumbled across ana-white.com which I absolutely love and made this adorable bed for Kylee's doll Darlene.

I used the tutorials for most of the bedding from here, here, and here.

It was a quick project and only cost a small amount compared to what I could have spent. i think with the bedding, foam for for the mattress, and wood, I spent around $20-$25 dollars.

2 comments:

Abbi said...

Very cute!! Building is something I haven't tackled much either.

Corene said...

Very nice! I didn't inherit any of my dad's construction skills....