Awhile back, I stumbled upon ana-white.com of a mom who makes furniture and posts free plans. Growing up, I watched my Grandad and Dad build things but never had myself. I had refinished some things with my dad when I was young and have continued in the past few years. I love doing it. Building a big piece of furniture was very intimidating to me, so I started small with a bed for Kylee's 18 inch doll. I was hooked and decided to attempt a bed frame for us. I've had my eye on this bed from Pottery Barn for a long time, but didn't love the price tag. When I found this bed plan, I adapted it to look more similar to the one from Pottery Barn by adding a foot board and different feet. So, with a little help from Joshua and a friend Jason, I built it. I love the way it turned out, and especially the price tag! I don't think this will be the last piece I build, because I had way too much fun!

4 comments:
Wow! I love that! Will you make me one?!! : )
That is so neat that you made it!!! I am very impressed! What size bed is it? It is beautiful!!
Thanks Rachel. Yeah, I'll make one and bring it by next week! haha!!
Vanessa, It is a queen size, but she has plans for full and king, too.
Post a Comment