Friday, January 23, 2009

Prayer request for baby Zane

Last Tuesday, I went in for my 34 week checkup and when they weighed me and measured my belly, there wasn't any growth since my last appointment two weeks before, so my doctor decided that I needed an ultrasound. They found out that Zane was measuring and weighing at 31 weeks, so then they did a non stress test. My doctor said that the placenta and fluids looked fine and that Zane looked fine, but he was just concerned because I had been growing consistently and then all the sudden I didn't. His gut feeling was that Zane was fine and maybe just smaller (taking after Josh's side maybe), but wanted me to go and see a specialist on Wednesday. So, on Wednesday at the specialist's office, they did another long ultrasound and then the doctor came in and did another one. He agreed with Dr. Hill about everything looking ok, but did not know why all the sudden Zane was not growing like he had been all along. At the moment, the placenta was fine but he was concerned that maybe the reason of his size was the placenta wasn't allowing enough blood flow through to the baby. So now, I have to check his movements 3 times a day, go for an ultrasound once a week, a non stress test twice a week, and they will induce labor in 3 weeks if all has gone well up until then.

My nature is to stress and worry (which I have been working on not doing), but I am actually at peace about everything. I'm glad that God is the one in control. I have had a few friends that have told me that this has happened to someone they know and everything turned out fine. I am just happy that I live now when technology is so much better and even if Zane came right now, he would be just fine. I would just like prayers that he grows like he should and can stay in me at least for 3 more weeks. The only thing that stresses me out a little is that each time I go to the doctors in the next 3 weeks, they might send me directly to the hospital. That's kinda crazy. Guess I should pack my bag sometime soon, huh?

8 comments:

Paul Barber said...

We will definitely pray for little Zane and you! That is stressful and we do have to remind ourselves that God is in control and we can relax in that!!

Andi @ Love Like Crazy said...

You're always in my prayers, but I will add this specifically. Please keep us posted...I can't wait to see an ew adorable face in your family! Love you!

Julia said...

I'll be praying for you all and Zane! Wow, I haven't talked to you in a while and now you're almost due - I hadn't realized that I guess. I'll be thinking of you these next few weeks! Love, Julia

Ang said...

I will be praying that all is going good. Also I trick that I learned from my nephew is that if you put a wet one on their thing they should not pee on you. It worked with them for my great nephew hope it works

Betsy said...

Hey girl,
Worried about you, but I'm so glad you're at peace about everything and know that God already has everything figured out. I'll be praying for you and lil' Zane. Let me know if there's anything I can do!
Love,
Betsy

Laci said...

I will be praying for you and Zane, Esther.

Oh, and we also are naming our boy Zane!

The Rhoderick Family said...

Oh girl! My heart sunk when I read your post. I sure hope and pray that all turns out just perfect with your little boy. I understand the worry and how scary things can be when they say there might be a problem. Hang in there. We are praying for you, Zane and your whole family!!!

Esther said...

Thank you all for you sweet comments and prayers. I go Tuesday for my next ultrasound and checkup, so I will keep you all updated.