As I was sitting there sanding it down to the bare wood (wow, that takes a long time), I started thinking about how sometimes our lives are like an old piece of furniture. Yes, we do the job we are suppose to do and look "ok" but our Heavenly Father looks at us and sees something so much better for us.
Sometimes all it may take is a light sanding and a new coat of paint. That's not so painful and doesn't take so long. Other times, He may have to sand us down to the bare wood (painful and takes a long time), put a few coats of stain on us (takes even longer), and then a couple clear coats on top of that. Then there are those times that He does all that plus re-purposes us to do something else in our life. That requires a lot more work and time (something we don't really like).
No matter what kind of refinishing God does in our lives, when He gets done our lives are so much better for it. We are more like Him and are doing what we are the most happy doing because God knows us better than we know ourselves and loves us more than we can ever imagine.
When that refinishing is over (well for the time being because I will always need God working on me), He doesn't just put us in some unused closet where no one can see us. He puts us with others, so they can see what God has done in our lives and we can give all the glory to God. If there isn't glory being given to God because of what has happened in our lives, than what was the point of it happening. It's all about God. When I can think like that, I am so much happier.
Well, this pondering of life's lessons was more for my sake, but I hope anyone reading this might have been given something to think about too.
"Let this be your prayer, 'Lord, this is what I desire. Please do it or something better.'" - Priscilla Shirer (from her book "One in a Million")
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord." - Isaiah 55:8
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will hear you. You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:11-13
3 comments:
Very good thoughts Esther! Love you!
Love this post Esther! Miss you sooo much!! Maybe I need to take a road trip?
Wow! That was very profound! Love you all so much!
Post a Comment