Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ultrasound!

I am 21 weeks pregnant now and I had my ulrasound on Friday. We are having a boy!!! His name will be Zane Curtis. We are all very excited (including Kylee). She was set on a sister until she saw some baby boy clothes that a friend gave me. Kylee said that they were cute and so it would be ok if the baby ended up being a little brother instead of a little sister. She talks about how she is going to get diapers for him when he needs changing and also is going to teach him how to talk! They gave us a DVD this time of the ultrasound. We didn't get that with Kylee so that was an unexpected surprise. Here are a couple of the ultrasound pictures of Zane. I also included a picture of me at 21 weeks since i actually have a baby bump now!

Zane Curtis

Zane's foot

Me at 21 weeks

17 comments:

Corene said...

Love the name Zane, and those untrasound pics are fantastic!! I agree with Kylee, that baby boy clothes can be cute...stripes, corduroys, greens, blues, reds, oranges and browns, ETC.

Betsy said...

You can hardly even call that a bump yet! :) A BOY! I am so excited for you! What is your family going to do with a boy?! I'm glad that Kylee is okay with the brother idea now. :)

The Rhoderick Family said...

That "bump" looks like me on a good day!!! I am so excited about your news. I love your name choice as well!! Sooo cute! Does the middle name have a family meaning or was it just something that you liked?

Paul Barber said...

UMMM... that is not a bump! ( : That is...you look awesome for 21 weeks!! ( : Congrats to you! How exciting and I love that name!

Abbi said...

I agree with the others. Zane is a very cute name and the bump is a little hard to notice! :-) I am glad things are going well!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your little boy. Very cute name. Definitely doesn't look like you have a bump. Hope you are feeling great and the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Esther said...

ahh, you guys are sweet. When I look down at my stomach, there is a lot more there than there used to be!!! Yeah, our life will be a little different with a little boy growing up in our house.

jessicalolene said...

When you really have pictures of a "baby bump" you should post them. That doesn't count. :)

BlessedMama said...

Okay, I'm totally agreeing with the others about the "bump"! That looks like me after I go the buffet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats - it's fun having one of each. :-)

Esther said...

Kari, Curtis is the middle name of our friend (I call him my brother). We were trying to find a name that sounded good with Zane and so we finally settled on Curtis.

Neri said...

Triple the size of your bump and that is me now!! he he he... I really am working on it! :P I am so happy for you guys!!! YAY!!! How exciting to have a baby boy!! I'm so happy for you guys!! The pictures are beautiful! I love it! Thank you for sharing!! I miss you!

The Rhoderick Family said...

That's cool. I was just wondering!! By the way...you really do look absolutely fabulous!!!

Katie said...

You are so fat Esther! You are do just a few weeks before me! I didn't know you were that far along. I haven't even been to the doctor yet! Wait till your third! Then you will have a "bump".

Laci said...

Congrats, Esther! I really like the name Zane. It's been on my list, but I have a fairly big list because Alex and I can't agree on anything :)

Esther said...

Katie, everyone told me that I'd be bigger for my second baby than I was for Kylee, but that hasn't happened yet!! I'm happy about that. When do you go to the doctor?

Katie said...

Esther! Love the pictures! Haven't looked at your blog for a while but really enjoyed reading today. Yes, my mom told me about Zane, and Josh did briefly as well, and we are so excited for you! I wondered when we were down there and I asked you if you were planning on other children if you might be pregnant then, and I think you were! I have that strange intuition sometimes. Kylee's such a cutie, I know you'll be great parents to a boy! :) Hope all is well!

Esther said...

Katie,
Yes, I was pregnant when you guys were here but hadn't told anyone yet. Good intuition!!