Thursday, August 27, 2009

Madi is missed.

It's been one year since our friend's little 15 month old girl Madi died from SIDS. I still don't understand why some things happen like that. I am thankful that although there are no answers sometimes, we do have a God who holds his children through times like this. I admire our friend's faith in God and have seen my faith strengthed because of them.

I have to share this about Kylee today. She was with us when we took some flowers to Madi's grave. She was so concerned about walking around and making sure that anything that had fallen down (flowers, figurines, etc.) were set upright again. Madi is burried in the baby section (so sad...it makes me tear up just thinking about it now) and on one tomb stone is a baby figurine and a mommy figurine. There is another tomb stone that only has a baby figurine. She was getting upset because the baby byitself needed a mommy with it too. :-( Joshua told her that they will come back soon with a mommy figurine. Wow, what a sweet heart she has.

It is comforting that those little ones are with God, but it still makes me so sad for their families who were left behind.


3 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

Wow! That is so sad!!! It's amazing though how the peace of God sustains you through those times. We didn't know if Logan was going to make it when I was preggo with Him- we felt God's peace so much in those times!! And it gave us hope to know that if he didn't make it he would go home to be with the Lord. I can't imagine how much little Madi is missed!! My little Logan is 14 months- I can't imagine him going to be home with the Lord.

The Rhoderick Family said...

Well I just officially boo hooed my way through this entire post! So sweet a little girl you have to be concerned for the little ones that have gone on to be with Jesus!

tani said...

This was a beautiful post, Esther. Thanks for sharing.